The Arizona Branch of the Association for Play Therapy (AZAPT) is a State Branch of the Association for Play Therapy (APT). The purpose of AZAPT is to provide a forum for the discussion of play therapy principles, practices, and advocacy.
The Mission of AzAPT
is to Advance the Practice of Play Therapy
through Education, Training and Advocacy.
A World of Play Therapy
where the past is healed
and the future is possible
The Arizona Branch of the Association for Play Therapy seeks to:
- Advance the discipline of play therapy.
- Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy.
- Provide a networking resource for all members.
- Advance the standards of professional conduct through education, professional meetings, and conferences.
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play therapy profession.
- Establish contracts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits.
- Advocate for the rights of children, their families and significant others.